Skip to main content

Getting a Work Permit

Work Permits During Regular School Year:


Work Permits

Request For Work Permit - Before first period, during lunch, and after seventh period.  

If you have a job, are under the age of 18, and have not yet graduated, you need a work permit, no exceptions.

Please note...There is a 24 hour waiting period to receive your completed work permit!

Here's what you need to do:

  1. Fill out this intent to employ form or come to the Main Office to pick one up.

  2. Fill out the top portion - all information is necessary, especially your Social Security Number!

  3. Have your employer fill out the second portion.

  4. Have a parent sign and date it, giving permission for you to be employed.

  5. Bring the completed request to the Main Office to Ms. Pam Pewitt or Ms. Theresa Sullivan. 

  6. All work permits must be reissued on the first week of school.

Please note - if you have less than a 2.0 GPA and/or if you have an attendance or discipline problem(s), you may not get a work permit.  In special cases, you will be allowed a Probationary Work Permit which will allow you to work until the next grading period where you must show improvement in grades and/or attendance/ discipline.  Your work permit will be REVOKED and your employer will be notified that you are no longer able to work if your attendance and/or grades have not improved by that date.