“Preparing for College” Calendar For SENIORS
- Create a timeline for all college application requirements
- Know the deadlines.
- Complete essays and have final draft reviewed.
- For Private Colleges ask teachers & counselors to complete letters of recommendation and Secondary School Report
- Register for SAT, have scores sent electronically to colleges when you register. Send all scores.
- Begin completing UC/CSU applications online.
- Complete CSU applications.
- Complete UC essays.
- Complete UC application (cannot be submitted until Nov 1).
- Register for SAT, have scores sent electronically.
- Submit SAT & ACT scores immediately. Use code #3594 for all CSU campuses.
- For early decision issues make sure to get required information for application from counselor and teachers.
- Submit CSU & UC application (Nov 30 deadline).
- Complete all private and out-of-state application requirements (usually Dec to mid-Jan deadlines).
- Register for ACT (check to see if schools will accept December scores).
- Visit Counseling Department to discuss Financial Aid.
- Attend Scholarship Workshops.
- Student and one parent need to apply for a PIN number for FAFSA next month. (www.pin.ed.gov)
- Start checking student portal for each school you apply to (MySJSU) and the “to do” list.
- January 1 FAFSA Submission begins.
- Attend Financial Aid Workshop at Wilcox.
- Private colleges may require CSS profile.
- Sign up for EPT & ELM tests (if required).
- Keep up your grades!!! Many colleges require that you maintain a certain grade level in senior year as a condition of acceptance.
- Check details on School Loop News, Counseling Department webpage, and listen during announcements.
- March 2 - FAFSA submission deadline
- Cal Grant GPA Verification postmarked by March 2.
- March 1 thru 31 – CUS/UC Admissions decisions mailed to students.
- Enroll in summer classes at the college you plan to attend (check college websites for freshman or new student summer programs).
- Student Financial Aid Reports available to students online.
- April 30 - Intent to Attend must be submitted by 11:59.59 PM to college of choice.
- Must have taken EPT & ELM tests (if required).
- Counselor visits - report post High School Plans.
- Indicate where you want final transcript sent.
- Do well on finals
- GRADUATE FROM WILCOX!!!!
- Pack & Prepare for College
- Take an enrichment course or summer bridge program
- Attend & pay for Freshman Orientation
- Be careful to meet all deadlines for payments, registration, etc.