Women in mining (WIM) is a nationwide organization comprised of individual employed in associated with, or interested in mineral education and the mining industry. Women in Mining is dedicated to educating students, teachrs, and the general public about the importance of minerals in our daily loves. Founded in 1990, WIM California Chapeter above all else, and educational group. we are women and men. We are environmental engineers, geologists, miners, office workers, safety engineers, State and Federal regulators, engineers, educators, and much more. We work together toward a common goal: To raise public awareness about the value of minerals and their direct correlation to our standard of living.
Thos committed to obtaining and education leading to a degree through a course of studey related to mining, geology, engineering or environmental studeies are encouraged to review these WIM Californa Cahpter guidelines for eligibility requirements and to submit their application for consideration.
APPLICANT PLEASE NOTE
You hae the ultimate responsibility to ensure that the scholarship application, all forms and transcripts, are received by the WIM California Chapter representative on or before APRIL 13, 2012. Upon notification of winnin an award, you will be responsible for collecting the award before the end of this calendar year or the award will be considered forfeited.
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINE
- Seeks scholarship candidates who possess aa commitment to obtain an education leading to a degree through a cuorse of study related to mining, geoloty, engineering or environmental studies
- Applicants must be at lears a senior in high school or currently enrolled full time in college. Applicant must currently maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average.
- The successful scholarship finalists must provide proof of full time enrollment in secondary education prior to receiving the award.
- The scholarship grant shall be applied toward the ost of tuition and/or course expenses as selected by the recipient, the amount not to exceed the scholarship grant.
- All information must be received by the scholarship committee not later than April 13, 2012
- WIM California chapter scholarship committee will review all completed scholarship essays.
- The scholarship committee will select recipients and present their decision to the WIM Board of directors. Following the Board's approval, all applicants will be notified of the Committee's decision.
- Scholarship are not automatically renewed
- Each recipient could be considered for subsequent awards if he/she provides evidence of continued interest in mining, geology, engineering or environmental studeies with emphasis in science and/or related fields.
- recipient must be in good standing in a program related to a degree.
- Prior scholarship recipients must reapply annually for consideration
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and may attend a College or University outside California
For an application come to the college and career center.