Air Systems Foundatin, Inc.
Scholarship eligibility guidelines
- Scholarships awarded typically range from $250 to $5,000 for students attending a two-year or four-year college/university.
- Scholarships are only available to high school seniors currently residing in Santa Clara County and accepted into a college, or to past recipients currently enrolled in college.
- All recipients may be required to attend a recognition ceremony.
- In addition to Santa Clara County high school seniors, one scholarship per year will be made available to the child of an air Systems Inc. employee if the child meets all other eligibility reuirements.
- Partmark deadline is May 1st - no exceptions. applications are not accepted electronically.
- Mail to air systems Foundation, 521 Charcot Ave. Ste. 101, San Jose, CA 95131
The applicant is responsible for insuring all items below are included with their completed application. Incomplete or late applications and non-official transcripts will not be considered.
- Official transcript for last (3) quarters/semesters
- A copy of all SAT or ACT scores (1st time four-year college applicants only)
- Academic recommendation letter from at least (3) teacher and (1) counselor (1st time applicant only)
- An essay typed, double-spaced between 2 and 5 pages, addressing at least one of the following topics:
- Describe the personal qualities you posses that will serve you in accomplising your academic and occupational goals. Cite an example, post or present, of these qualities in action.
- What do consider the beggest challenge facing the youth of today and how can I influence change?
- what do you see as the role "ETHICS" plays in these topics (Choose at least one for your essay): (1) Science and Technology (2) american Politics (3) Global Politics (4) The enviromnent (5) the Law
- Provide a photo that represents you and your personality
- sign enclosed Model/ Photo release Form.
- Finalists will be selected and notified usually no later than June 30th
- First time finalists are required to be interviewed in person by theair systems Foundation Inc., Scholarship Committee
- Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient's college financial office unless other terms have been agreed upon.
You can get an application at www.asifoundation.org Under Who are We. and look for scholarship application.
If you have any questions please come to the College and Career Center.